Healing Inflammation With Superfoods
Five Anti-Inflammatory Superfoods
We see it sprawled over labels in the natural grocery stores, but what does "anti-inflammatory" really mean? While inflammation can help protect the body from infection and illness, the danger of chronic inflammation (sometimes caused by refined sugars and processed foods) is that it may lead to inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, or worse. So there's that. Not fun at all. Luckily, many of the conditions stemming from inflammation may be lessened or prevented by commonly found superfoods.
Here are five of our favorites:
- Ginger. Widely known for its ability to ease digestion, ginger also helps with muscle pain and may even prevent cancer. Some have even used ginger to radically heal injuries and drastically reduce inflammation.
- Cinnamon. This delightful spice helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce swelling. Plus, it tastes delicious and can be added easily to meals/snacks!
- Berries, such as blueberries and strawberries, which contain antioxidants that not only fight inflammation but also protect your immune system.
- Mushrooms. As if you haven't heard enough about our love for medicinal mushrooms... many varieties contain powerful lectins and phenols; Lion's Mane, for example, may help reduce certain types of inflammation.
- Chocolate. Our favorite, of course! Most notably, dark chocolate and cocoa contain flavanols, which contain anti-inflammatory properties.
Isn't it amazing to learn that we can heal ourselves by simply taking the steps to adopt a cleaner, more balanced diet? We are constantly amazed by the power and resilience of our bodies.
Also amazing is our superfood chocolate line, which contains all kinds of anti-inflammatory ingredients, including our favorites above and adding a few others! Our Herbal Blend Chocolate Sauce made with raw honey & coconut oil is a crowd favorite :)
The Live A Lot Team
The anti-inflammation eating plan you need for 2018
13 Ways Inflammation Can Affect Your Health
The best anti-inflammatory superfoods to add to your diet
The Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie That Will Heal You From The Inside Out
Cinnamon to Hack Your Blood Sugar and Lower Inflammation
13 Most Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat