Sweet & Spicy Mochas (Salt + Light Kitchen)
Culinary + word artist, Jordan of Salt + Light Kitchen, shares her take on a sweet and spicy mocha made with our maca-filled superfood chocolate sauce... we absolutely love it! Inspired by her recent visit to Rancho Santa Fe, Jordan describes this drink as ideal for "those sunny, leisurely days." Enjoy!
Sweet & Spicy Mochas
Makes two mochas
2 cups of milk (or nut milk, soy milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- 4 shots of espresso (2 per drink)
- 1.5 to 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- A pinch of cayenne (Go easy on the cayenne; it's hot! And it can become overpowering quickly, so start with a small amount + add more to your liking)
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of vanilla extract (You could also use 1/4 of a teaspoon of almond extract + 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla for a deeper flavor)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Live A Lot Superfood Chocolate Sauce
Add milk, cinnamon + cayenne to a blender + blend. Add in vanilla extract + salt + blend again.
Melt the chocolate sauce or melt the finely chopped chocolate over low-medium heat. Once it's melted, add it to the blender with the milk mixture + blend again. Then, add the espresso + blend.
Pour the mochas into two glasses filled with ice. Top with a dollop of whipped cream (I used coconut whipped cream) + another shake of cinnamon if you'd like. Stick a straw in it + enjoy!